- Preheat a lightly sprayed frying pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk together vegetable oil, eggs and water until combined.
- Slowly add Kinnikinnick Pancake and Waffle Mix to liquid mixture. Mix for 2 - 3 minutes until batter is smooth. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Drop ¼ cup batter onto preheated pan. Quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread batter evenly, keeping a round shape.
- Cook the crepe for 45 seconds or until the edges begin to curl and colour. Flip and cook the other side for 15 - 20 seconds.
- In a medium pot of boiling water, blanche spinach for 1 minute. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- In a blender or food processor combine blanched spinach, 2 tablespoons chives, ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper and cream. Pulse just until pureed. Fill each cup with mixture and top with remaining chives. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Place 1 prepared crepe in each muffin cup. Flute sides of crepe to form into cup shape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place crumbled bacon and sliced tomatoes in the bottom of each prepared cup.
- Fill each cup with mixture and top with reserved 1 tablespoon chives.
- Return to oven. Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove paper cups prior to serving.
Yields 12 Florentine Cups
Tips & Variations
- Crepes can be prepared ahead of time. Warm crepes in microwave to help form into muffin cup.