It doesn't get much easier than this.
Transform our delicate Vanilla Wafers into cute little cookies to top cupcakes or any other seasonal dessert.
- I package Kinnikinnick Vanilla Wafers to make 40 cookies.
- Flat wide paint brush
- Yellow Food Colouring
- 40 small mint leaves for decoration
- 1 batch Royal Icing
- 3 egg whites (99 g)
- 3 ¼ cups icing sugar (325 g)
- In a medium bowl whip egg whites to soft peak. Slowly add icing sugar 1 cup at a time until desired thickness.
- Place into a piping bag with a thin piping nozzle at the end.
- Dip the brush into the food colouring and paint the surface of each cookie.
- For a Pumpkin cookie: Pipe two curved stripes on the outer edges of the cookie and two more inside near the centre, joining at the top and bottom. Add a blob of icing where they meet at the top and stick on a single mint leaf.
- For a Jack O'Lantern cookie: Draw two upright triangles with Royal Icing for the eyes and a zig zag for the mouth. At the top, add a blob of icing and stick the mint leaf to it.
Send us your version of these little cuties and we'll post them up.