How to make Halloween Cookies
Super quick and easy - Pumpkin & Jack O'Lanterns to decorate desserts or eat them on their own.
It doesn't get much easier than this.
Transform our delicate Vanilla Wafers into cute little cookies to top cupcakes or any other seasonal dessert.
- I package Kinnikinnick Vanilla Wafers to make 40 cookies.
- Flat wide paint brush
- Yellow Food Colouring
- 40 small mint leaves for decoration
- 1 batch Royal Icing
- 3 egg whites (99 g)
- 3 ¼ cups icing sugar (325 g)
- In a medium bowl whip egg whites to soft peak. Slowly add icing sugar 1 cup at a time until desired thickness.
- Place into a piping bag with a thin piping nozzle at the end.
- Dip the brush into the food colouring and paint the surface of each cookie.
- For a Pumpkin cookie: Pipe two curved stripes on the outer edges of the cookie and two more inside near the centre, joining at the top and bottom. Add a blob of icing where they meet at the top and stick on a single mint leaf.
- For a Jack O'Lantern cookie: Draw two upright triangles with Royal Icing for the eyes and a zig zag for the mouth. At the top, add a blob of icing and stick the mint leaf to it.
Send us your version of these little cuties and we'll post them up.