- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chili pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl toss gruyere, Swiss and parmesan cheeses with chopped fresh herbs. Set aside.
- Layer casserole dish with ⅓ of cubed bread, followed by ½ of the blanched asparagus, ½ the cheese mixture, and ½ the egg mixture. Repeat and finish with the last ⅓ of cubed bread on the top.
- Press mixture slightly, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven covered with foil, for 40 - 45 minutes or until bread pudding is golden brown. For a crispier top, remove foil for last 5 minutes of bake.
Yields 8 side servings
Tips & Variations
- Bread pudding can be assembled the night before. Add liquid mixture prior to baking. Cover and store in refrigerator. Add 7 minutes to the bake time from cold state.