Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. is one of the largest producers of gluten-free baked goods in North America.
Crafting safe and scrumptious gluten-free baking since 1991, also free from dairy, nuts, peanuts and soy. Family-owned, we’re loved the world over by those with Celiac disease and on restricted diets.
Our motto is share the Best Things in Life with your family and friends, free from risk and worry.
We are currently recruiting a Mixer to our large scale production facility (K2). Reporting to the Bakeshop & Blending Supervisor, the Mixer is responsible for dispensing raw ingredients at the right time, temperature, quantity and sequence, to accurately follow formulations of large-batch dry mixtures for baked goods production.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures and Company Health & Safety Standards are met and maintained
- Follows HACCP Program policies to ensure food safety at every stage of food development; complete documentation
- Ensures neat and tidy work station during and at end of shift
- Follows exact formulation for time, accuracy, temperature, quantity and sequence
- Completes paperwork necessary to track production and formula ingredients
- Operates Ribbon Blender & Powder Mixer
- Dry Mixes are large-scale batches (300-600 kgs) – 5 blends, 20 bags/day average
- Cleans mixer machines with pneumatic/non-pneumatic air pressure equipment
- Pre-weighs and scales all ingredients from formula sheets
- Covers, wraps and labels all pallets of ingredients for formulas until they can be mixed and places pallets in storage area
- Moves tubs of dough in preparation for baking
- Ensures allergen ingredients are kept isolated from other ingredients
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Bake Shop Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Fluent written/verbal communications skills in the English Language
- Physically fit, capable of lifting, long periods of standing and walking
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with diverse groups
- Previous linework/mixing/baking experience an asset
- HACCP, food-safety experience/knowledge an asset
- Production line conveyors, scales, power jacks, hand jacks, pallet wrappers, other baking/cleaning equipment
- CSA approved steel toe shoes/boots are required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
From $16.00 to $17.00/hour
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
Come join our family of dedicated employees to find out why The Best Things In Life Are Free From®
Kinnikinnick is committed to fair and equitable recruitment practices, to achieve and maintain a diverse workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.