- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Kinnikinnick Pancake and Waffle Mix with cornmeal. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water and oil. Add creamed corn, whisk until combined.
- Slowly add dry mix to liquid mixture. Mix for 2 - 3 minutes until fully incorporated, let mix stand for 5 minutes prior to scooping.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes (edges will be golden brown and top will bounce back). Cool on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Lightly spray a 4 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onions and celery with salt and pepper until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook ground turkey thoroughly. Add sautéed onion and celery to cooked turkey and continue cooking for 10 minutes over medium low heat. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium low heat until browned slightly (careful not to burn). Add sage leaves to browned butter and remove once crisp (cool on a paper towel to drain excess butter off).
- Add reserved 1 tablespoon olive oil to browned butter (leftover in skillet). Add cubed corn bread to browned butter. Brown cornbread slightly over medium heat turning mid-way (corn bread will break apart resulting in an end product of crumbs and larger pieces). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread and turkey mixture. Mix until combined.
- Using your hands, crumble cooked sage into mixture. Mix just until combined. Put mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yields 10 servings
Tips & Variations
- Time saver - Cornbread can be made ahead of time.