- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
- Use a stand mixer and paddle attachment for best results.
- In a small bowl combine yeast, water and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 package Kinnikinnick All Purpose Flour Blend, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, butter, honey, and lemon juice. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add warm milk and yeast mixture. Mix for 1 minute.
- Slowly add flour mixture to liquid while continuing to mix. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Mix on medium-high speed for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Lightly flour counter top and scoop dough into a mound.
- Sprinkle with Kinnikinnick All Purpose Flour Blend and lightly knead until dough is workable and less sticky (approx. ⅓ - ½ cup flour required).
- Form dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- If using optional raisins, soak for 5 minutes in a small bowl. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
Simple Syrup (Optional)
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, do not stir.
- Boil for 3 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Simple Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Cream Cheese Icing (Optional)
- Mix cream cheese until smooth (approx. 3 - 5 minutes).
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add icing sugar alternating with milk.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Roll proofed dough out on slightly floured parchment paper to ½ inch thick (approx. 10" x 12").
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- If using optional raisins, spread evenly on cinnamon brown sugar layer.
- Using the parchment paper to help, roll dough tightly into a log widthwise.
- Cut into 12 - 15 cinnamon buns.
- Nestle close together in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cover and proof for 50 minutes.
Bake and Finishing
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush top of buns with optional melted butter or olive oil before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush or spray with Optional Simple Syrup.
- Cool for 10 minutes before icing with Optional Cream Cheese Icing.
Tips & Variations
- To create a proofer- place a cooling rack on top of a 9 x 13 pan filled with boiling water. Place baking tray on top of rack. Cover with a kitchen towel.
- For best texture consume within 48 hours or freeze leftovers.