It takes a little time, but lasts ages. Like the memories you'll make sharing this delightful tree centrepiece with loved ones.
Make some magic with one of these.
- Small styrofoam tree cone 3 7/8” dimeter X 11 7/8’’ tall
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 6 inch diameter cake board
- Sticky tape
- I box Kinnikinnick Vanilla Wafers
- Royal Icing
3 egg whites (99 g)
- 3 ¼ cups icing sugar (325 g)
- 6 drops food colouring of your choice for the stars.
- In a medium bowl whip egg whites to soft peak. Slowly add icing sugar 1 cup at a time until desired thickness.
- To make the stars. We used coloured fondant for our edible star decorations. Roll the icing out onto a piece of parchment paper to about 3 mm thick. Use a cutter to make the shape of the stars. Leave to dry for an hour.
- Take a piece of parchment paper, stick the corner to the styrofoam cone, wrap the remainder of the parchment sheet around the cone to form a point at the top. Use lots of sticky tape to keep it in place.
- Place the styrofoam cone covered with parchment paper onto a circular cake board.
- Starting from the bottom, pipe Royal icing onto the back of each cookie and stick it to the base of the parchment-covered cone. Make a circle all around the base with cookies.
- Repeat on the next layer but overlap each cookie at the top, with the bottom of the cookie from the next row higher up.
- Allow each couple of layers to set before adding the next layer.
- Repeat all the way up the tree to the top.
- Add some icing dollops as decoration.
- Add the stars by using icing to 'glue' them to the vanilla wafers.
Place in the centre of your holiday season table feast.