Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. is one of the largest producers of gluten-free baked goods in North America.
Crafting safe and scrumptious gluten-free baking since 1991, also free from dairy, nuts, peanuts and soy. Family-owned, we’re loved the world over by those with Celiac disease and on restricted diets.
Our motto is share the Best Things in Life with your family and friends, free from risk and worry.
We are currently recruiting a Machine Operator to join our Edmonton plant. Reporting directly to the Production Assistant Manager, the Machine Operator is responsible for operating production and packaging machinery in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring continuous production on the line.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures as well as Company Health & Safety Standards.
- Follows HACCP Program policies to ensure food safety at every stage of food development; complete documentation
- Ensures neat and tidy work station during and at end of shift
- Operates Wrapper (Dough Boy), Triangle (Weigh Pack), Label/Code Date, Langdon and other equipment as needed
- Sanitizes and checks machinery before, during and after set-up and use
- Sets scales, vibrators, code daters, label machine, box tape machine/box code dater, timers, temperature and cuts per minute
- Documents machinery issues, solutions
- Trouble-shoots machinery concerns
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure machinery optimization
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Packaging and Bake Shop Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Fluent written/verbal communications skills in the English Language
- Physically fit, capable of lifting, long periods of standing and walking
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with diverse groups
- HACCP, food-safety experience/knowledge an asset
- 2 years Machine Operator experience an asset but training will be provided
- Technical school training/experience an asset
- Working knowledge of all bakery production and packaging equipment
- Highly developed mechanical aptitude; good understanding of equipment
- Production line conveyors, scales, power jacks, hand jacks, pallet wrappers, other baking/cleaning equipment
- CSA approved steel toe shoes/boots are required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
From $16.00 to $17.00/hour
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
Come join our family of dedicated employees to find out why The Best Things In Life Are Free From®
Kinnikinnick is committed to fair and equitable recruitment practices, to achieve and maintain a diverse workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.