Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. is one of the largest producers of gluten-free baked goods in North America.
Crafting safe and scrumptious gluten-free baking since 1991, also free from dairy, nuts, peanuts and now soy. Family owned, we’re loved the world over by those with Celiac disease and on restricted diets.
Share the Best Things in Life with your family and friends, free from risk and worry.
We are currently recruiting a Pastry Baker with cake decorating skills to join us in our K3 location in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Pastry Manager, the Pastry Baker provides support in daily duties, creating and packaging fresh-made daily baked goodies for the retail store and special events.
- Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures
- Ensures Company Health & Safety Standards are met and maintained
- Monitors and follows HACCP Program policies to ensure food safety at every stage of food production; complete documentation
- Ensures neat and tidy work stations during and at end of shift
- Prepares daily baked goods based on product formulations – muffins, pies, tarts, cakes etc.
- Keeps files and records orderly and easily available to other team members
- Completes paperwork necessary to track production and special orders
- Performs product testing as needed
- Orders products/supplies as needed
- Learns how to conduct Customer consultations, how to cost special orders, makes suggestions
- Learns how to create wedding and custom cakes, special requests
- Works in collaboration with other K3 employees to meet goals
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Fluent written/verbal communications skills in the English Language
- Registered Apprentice status in Baker or Culinary Arts institution is preferred
- Previous bakery experience an asset
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with diverse groups
- Ability to plan, forecast, anticipate needs, estimate costs
- Good mathematical, computer skills
- Creative baking, cake decoration abilities; steady hands and intricate designs
- Ovens, mixers, cookie, pie presses, scales other baking/cleaning equipment
- Computer, phones and other office equipment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Days – Early shifts, may vary according to production schedules; seasonal overtime as needed.
$18.00 to $22.00/hour
Come join our family of dedicated employees to find out why The Best Things In Life Are Free From®
Kinnikinnick is committed to fair and equitable recruitment practices, to achieve and maintain a diverse workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.