Kinnikinnick Foods Inc. is one of the largest producers of gluten-free baked goods in North America.
Crafting safe and scrumptious gluten-free baking since 1991, also free from dairy, nuts, peanuts and soy. Family-owned, we’re loved the world over by those with Celiac disease and on restricted diets.
Our motto is share the Best Things in Life with your family and friends, free from risk and worry.
We are currently recruiting Packagers to our K2 Production Facility for temporary 3-month contracts, (with potential extension).
Reporting to the Crew Leader, Packagers are responsible for packaging and boxing baked goods for shipment. The Packager works to support the line in meeting production and shipping deadlines.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures and meets all Company Health & Safety Standards
- Follows HACCP Program policies to ensure food safety at every stage of food development; complete documentation
- Ensures neat and tidy work station during and at end of shift
- Sets up work station; properly dates/labels correct bags for product
- Properly places products into trays and places trays onto conveyors
- Feeds trays into wrapper, seals and scales packages
- Properly box correct amount of trays into outer cartons
- Properly places boxed goods onto correct pallets
- Assists with palletizing orders as required
- For Bread Line, places bread on cooling racks
- Once cooled, places bread through bread-slicer and bags it
- Maintains Packaging Area in sanitary condition at all times
- Completes cleaning records/temperature checks charts for audit
- Feeds base cake cookies into creamer towers
- Packs the correct amount of cookies into trays
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Packaging Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Fluent written/verbal communications skills in English Language
- Physically fit, capable of lifting, long periods of standing and walking
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Good inter-personal skills, able to work with diverse groups
- Previous assembly line work experience an asset
- HACCP, food-safety experience/knowledge an asset
- WHMIS/MSDS knowledge an asset
- Production line conveyors, scales, power jacks, hand jacks, pallet wrappers, other baking/cleaning equipment
- CSA approved steel toe shoes/boots are required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
5:00 am to 1:15 pm, Monday – Friday
6:45 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Please indicate which shift you are interested in.
Full-time, temporary, (potential extension).
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
Come join our family of dedicated employees to find out why The Best Things In Life Are Free From®
Kinnikinnick is committed to fair and equitable recruitment practices, to achieve and maintain a diverse workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.